Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh what a swim!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo here I am in Germany!!! It was a long long long flight but I made it! Sorry it has taken me so long to write y'all the internet here just sucks! Here is a pic of me at Baltomore before I got on my flight to Germany...I was soooo tired and hot at this point!!





My sponsor Michelle was at waiting for me once I got my baggage and we then proceeded to drop my belongings off in my room and then started a long line of paperwork at different offices. I had to swear in with the flag to defend the constatution, that was fun. I may have to re-enact it so I can take some pictures!! Any way about the paperwork, I must say they do ask some strange questions! For example one questions is weather I can move and think simutanulusly.....ok then. Well I managed to get through a few more questions before I totally went looney from lack of sleep!! We then did a small tour of the base and then headed over to the grocery story ie the commessary. Over all not a bad first day!




Day two: I slept as much as I could, though I kept waking up every few hours, oh well. I got to meet one of my "neighbors" (he is in the hotel room next to mine), whom is also going to be a nurse in the ICU, and we went to lunch. It was raining most of the day so not too much to do. We did get to the libary, I got to buy some calling cards that WORKED, etc!!!!!! Yeah I tried to call my family on Friday but the dang cards would not work, oh well porblem solved now. Over all not too bad a day.



Day three: The sun was out and so I planned to do the same!! Its Germany here folks so every thing is closed on Sundays so Jack, the neighbor, and I drove to a city that is pretty close and walked around to see the train station, buses, what the local shopping was like etc.






Here is where I will be living till I get a place



I have spent the last few days working on paperwork, meeting some of my new co-workers and getting stuff done. For example today I got my badge, was inproccesed, had a hearing test, and got my drug test done. Really this is a lot by the standards around here!!! It seems to take FOREVER to get the simplest things done. Oh well its my new life and I am going to roll with it. I did get a cell and will be working on getting my skype downloaded, will let you know how it goes.



Love ya,


Rachel
BTW I cannot get the spell check to work sooooooo sorry about that!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So they ask if you can move and think simultaneously?? Not walk and chew gum??
Love your new digs and love the photos of Germany. Guess you've heard about the blackout here from Ike's blow by. Hope your parents didn't get any damage. Keep hanging in there with the paperwork. This too shall pass:>) AnnieHam