Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Moving right along!

So today was D-day, moving day. I have been spending the last week working on getting my stuff ready for the big move, packing, sorting and the like. Well first off I never realized I had some many pieces of clothing, so I first got that all sorted out. I then decided to be all "organized" by getting the kitchen items divided to one area, den items to another, bathroom, bedroom etc, you get the idea. I took pictures of everything..... well I think it is just supposed to be expensive items but this helped me make a more complete inventory if I could refer to a pic for each item listed, wow this makes me sound really anal retentive huh!!! So the whole making a list and taking pictures took some time too, about a day really.



It seemed to be quite a drag, not to mention I went down memory lane WAAAYYYYYY too much when I was going through my room. Oh and on a side note thank you Kate for helping me clean out my room over a year ago or this would have been a HORRIBLE process!!!! In the end though I think I am thankful I went this extra step since it did make everything go very smoothly this morning when the movers came. FYI they all asked how many times I had done this since I seemed like a pro! *blush and mental high five*





So now here I am with most of my worldly possessions all boxed up and ready to be moved in the am. This is a huge relief and it kinda makes me think that I can take on this whole move by myself, quite a feet! Over the last week as I have been packing I have honestly had my doubts, it just seems like too huge a project/life change to be doing all alone and with no prior experience at something like this *waves around*. Amazingly today calmed my nerves just by how smooth it all went and how well I had been able to prepare on my own, by just reading up and finding resources with the information I needed.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me find the information I needed, answered all my annoying questions, calmed my irrational fears and have just otherwise "been there" for me.
Love ya!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing fabulously well. Just keep taking it one step/project at a time and it will all fall into place. And enjoy the process!!! So what if you make a mistake or two--it ain't brain surgery:>)!!! I'll be thinking of you often so keep blogging. We've got your back here. Annie

kate said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe it...you've moved! p.s. I love that couch!