Monday, September 29, 2008

Death by Power Point

I kid you not, I think it could be an actual medical diagnosis. I have spent a solid week and a half it seems just being shown power point presentations on how things are done at my new job. Oh and I have now seen every security video and seen countless power point slide shows about knowing every measure I need to take both when traveling as well as just living out in the community to identify a terrorist. I really never knew that I would be come a CIA agent instead of nurse here, boy am I surprised!! (FYI this is all in good humor...or so I think)

I am being funny here...well only a little bit. I really do think that the Government should take out stock in Power Point ie Windows office. I have as of yet not worked a single hour as a nurse in my two and a half weeks here (though my neighbor has been her two weeks longer than me.....).

What I DO have to show for my time is an id card, health insurance, a ration card (no joke they DO exists), passed my health exams (hearing, sight and physical), passed a drug test (or so I think), I also have a drivers licence and a few more piece of knowledge on how to spot a terrorist.

It is not all bad really. I did get to look at apartments today, and have an idea on what kind of car to buy etc.

For all those wonderful friends and family that check this little blog I do what to let you know I am not homesick yet, though at times I do wonder what I have gotten myself into!! Those moment are fewer these days since I have gotten most of my computer training done (getting this computer training done has really become a milestone in my life. It is on some of the most ridiculous stuff I have ever come across!! but any who) which as now led my bosses to the conclusion that I can now....dun dun dun............WORK!!!!

Yes folks your read it right I get to actually work as a NURSE come Tuesday Sept the 30th in the year of our Lord 2008!!!!! I have to be there at 0630 (yeah that one hurts me to read too!!) and get my scrubs on and get report at 0645. I know that the excitement I am currently feeling will wear off by 0631 once I truly realize how early I had to wake up but for now I am pretty excited.

I will try to take a few more pic this coming week so y'all can have more to look at then my poor excuse for writing!

Just to let y'all know I am doing well, loving this new adventure and do miss each and everyone of you!!

Love ya!
Rachel

0 comments: