Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Volksmarch

So I had a wonderful weekend last week (not this past one...I was at work and loved it) when a few of my fellow nurses invited me to go to a Volksmarch. This is something Germans like to do on Sat or Sun. There are the 5k, 10k and 20k. They each are followed by a small town festival with the usual fair. Well the one I went to on Saturday was followed by a bus ride and a wine festival. I had soooo much fun and bought a bottle of wine that is now sitting in my car for me to drink some day.
It was an all day thing and I had so much fun. The extra wonderful part was that the weather we nice and it was a truly beautiful day!! Here are some pictures!









Then on to the wine festival. We were on the Mosel though I can't recall the town.









Had a wonderful time and look forward to doing it again. Oh and another bit of news. Just this last Thursday I found a house. I will be getting the keys come Friday so I am hoping to get those up over the next week.

Love ya and will keep you updated!
Rachel

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Rach--Wrote you a tiny little note on my blogsite:
http://tidingsofmagpies.blogspot.com/2008/10/dear-rachel.html

Started to write more about the goings on there--but thought perhaps that might be better in snail mail or email. It's all about the same game, just different players. Miss you honey. get that bottle of wine out of your car before it breaks and stinks up the place!!!:>)