Friday, January 22, 2010

Time sure did fly by..


So I have been here a year now ... WOW! Looking back I can not believe that I have now lived here in Germany for a solid year! I have to admit the move was a HUGE leap for me. Both personally as well as proffesionally! I moved here knowing it was not going to be easy. Easy to be so far from my family, easy to be working with the military, or easy to care from 19 yr old amputate triple. And I assure you it has not be easy on any of those accounts. I have had my ups and downs, both personally as well as at work streching my knowledge of trauma to care for those assigned to me. After this last year working here at LRMC I can say that I have found a calling like no other. I deeply enjoy my work here. The soliders I care for and their families are an amazing group that I am honored to care for.

It was the hand of God that brought me here through the wounderful Shannon Wombel. (her and I pictued above). I would like everyone to know that though my two year contract ends in September I will be extending to continue my work here.

Thank you each and everyone for your support and love. There are no words to express how much it helps me knowing you still love me even when I am so far away !!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

It's a privilege to share your journey doing this important work.

Unknown said...

Could not be prouder of you, little chickadee!!! Hope you are getting a few of the hugs I send by way of every single CSTAR I work with. Loveya, meanit:>)